Michael D. Veley, Director and Chair, 315-443-2630
402 MacNaughton Hall
Gina Pauline, Undergraduate Program Director, 315-443-2630
402 MacNaughton Hall
Rick Burton, Dennis Deninger, Mary Graham, Chad McEvoy, Rodney Paul, Gina Pauline, Jeff Pauline, Patrick T. Ryan, Michael D. Veley, Patrick T. Walsh, John Wolohan
Internship Coordinators: Jenna La Manna-Johnson, Jaime Grillo
Gina Pauline, Director Undergraduate Program, 315-443-2630
The academically rigorous Sport Management curriculum combines department-specific courses with professional electives and liberal arts requirements, providing students with the tools to pursue a career in sport management or graduate study. Coursework covers such areas as business, marketing, management, communications, societal influences and impacts, event planning, and law. The 124-credit program allows students to pursue specializations or minors and tailor their studies according to their professional interests. The required 12-credit capstone provides students with valuable industry experience.
Sport Management Intra-University Transfer Information
In order to complete an intra-university transfer in to the Department of Sport Management, a student must meet the following criteria:
- a minimum overall GPA of 3.5;
- complete the SPM degree requirements within a four-year plan of study, students must have a minimum of five remaining semesters of study;
- complete a minimum of 24 credit hours at Syracuse University;
- have completed SPM 205, or be enrolled in the course when applying;
- complete and submit an SPM intra-university transfer application
- submit a current resume
- submit a two-to-three page type-written essay explaining:
- their academic interest in sport management;
- desired career track (i.e. marketing, legal studies, communications, business management, etc);
- prior sport industry experience;
- sport-related volunteer and/or community service work;
- internship experience
A personal interview with the SPM transfer committee may be arranged by the department after the IUT application deadline. Students who meet the criteria listed above will only be accepted into the Sport Management program on a space available basis, based on current program enrollment.
Deadlines for applying for an Intra-University Transfer are November 1st for spring admission and March 1st for fall admission.
The application is available on the SPM website.
ProgramsBachelor of ScienceMinor