Murali Venkatesh, Program Director, 210 Hinds Hall, 315-443-2911, firstname.lastname@example.org
Information technology management has become critical to most, if not all professions and organizations. This 15-credit graduate certificate program in Information Technology Management (ITM) offers students with a broad range of disciplinary backgrounds a flexible way to gain foundational skills in information technology management and qualify for a possible subsequent entry into a MS in either Information Management (IM), Enterprise Data Systems (EDS) or Applied Data Science (ADS). With this program, students can expand their career options and gain a competitive advantage as they pursue career opportunities in business, government, or not-for-profit organizations. The program is available to full-time, part-time, and online students, and can be completed at the student’s own pace through evening, short courses, and online course delivery.
The certificate stands alone; however, after successful completion, students have the option of continuing to earn a Master’s degree in Information Management, Enterprise Data Systems, or Applied Data Science.
As a result of the program, students will be able to:
- Integrate technical and solution development concepts with the principles of management, strategy, and financial analysis; apply these concepts in the analysis of management case studies and problems.
- Describe a broad overview of the major practice areas in data collection, organization, and analysis.
- Develop and deliver professional communications in the field.
- Demonstrate leadership, ethics, and effective collaboration skills.
- Find, organize, manage, evaluate, and use information resources critically and effectively for the solution of professional problems.