Student Learning Outcomes
1. Apply qualitative, quantitative and emerging research methods in design and execution of research
2. Critique approaches to designing and conducting scholarship in the field
3. Develop a robust understanding of scholarship relevant to the knowledge, disposition and performance standards for educational leaders
4. Develop an in depth grounding of scholarship in areas of specialization
5. Communicate orally and in writing regarding issues of education and school leadership with scholarly audiences
6. Master the ability to communicate orally and in writing regarding issues of education and school leadership with a variety of stakeholder audiences (i.e., parents, educators, community member, school leaders, etc.)
The Ed.D. program in educational leadership is designed for educators who want to engage in serious scholarship of issues of leadership and learning in pre-collegiate educational settings. The program’s emphasis on applied research makes it particularly appropriate for those who expect to continue as educators in field settings, although it is not designed exclusively for such students.