2019-2020 Graduate Course Catalog (Archived) [ARCHIVED CATALOG]
Instructional Design, Development and Evaluation, MS (Fully Online)
Jing Lei, Chair, 265 Huntington Hall, 315-443-1362, firstname.lastname@example.org
This program is a fully online version of our Instructional Design, Development and Evaluation, M.S.
The Instructional Design, Development and Evaluation Department (IDD&E) offers a variety of programs to help students develop the competencies required to identify and evaluate learning and performance problems and to design, develop, and implement appropriate instructional solutions to these problems. Students develop competencies to conduct instructional analysis, make appropriate design decision, develop instructional materials, implement and evaluate instructional programs, and assess learning. The curriculum includes courses that blend soft technologies (thinking models and theories, strategic planning, IDD&E processes, interpersonal communications, and software) and hard technologies. Through practical projects, students develop competencies to design, create, implement, and evaluate non-technology and technology-supported instructional solutions for a variety of educational and professional settings. IDD&E also offers a fully online Certificate of Advanced Study in Designing Digital Instruction (15 credits), along with their other on-campus programs, including: Certificates of Advanced Study in Educational Technology (15 credits) and Instructional Design Foundations (12 credits) as well as M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Instructional Design, Development and Evaluation.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- We recommend applicants have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better. However, in reviewing applications, all elements are carefully considered.
- Official transcript of all undergraduate and graduate study
- Personal statement of goals. Please describe in approximately 500 words:
- your main academic interests;
- why you are interested in the IDD&E program;
- why you wish to study at Syracuse University;
- how you expect to finance your studies;
- and your plans for the future, after you receive your degree.
- 3 letters of recommendation
- Resume or CV
- International students: TOEFL/IELTS scores
Program Learning Outcomes
- Describe foundational areas of instructional analysis, design, development, implementation, evaluation
- Demonstrate foundational skills in instructional design practices
- Demonstrate practices in self-reflection and professional development
- Select, use, and evaluate appropriate technologies to enhance instructional practices and learning
Required Curriculum of the Instructional Design, Development and Evaluation, MS
Master’s students in the Instructional Design, Development and Evaluation (IDD&E) program are required to take 10 core courses (30 credits) listed below:
Master of Science in Instructional Design, Development and Evaluation
Up to 9 transfer credits accepted (must be approved by Department)
This program is designed for full-time study; however, if you are interested in part-time study, that may be an option. Please contact the department directly for details.
Ten (10) required courses with at least a 3.0 GPA, and successful completion of the required portfolio