Student Learning Outcomes
The key learning outcomes are based upon developing skills in mathematics, computer programming and software, databases, economics, communication, and sports data. Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
1. Explain, discuss, and analyze core principles and concepts of sport management.
2. Compile and organize data from sports teams, leagues, and related businesses.
3. Interpret data from the sport industry and identify patterns via statistical analysis, visualization, and data mining.
4. Develop computer programming skills to be able extract, scrape, manage, and parse data for use in statistical analyses.
5. Take the data derived from the analyses to make recommendations for business decisions within sport organizations.
6. Communicate sport analytics concepts in writing and orally, clearly and concisely.