Students pursuing majors in other areas of study may choose a social justice minor. The minor program requires the completion of 18 credits. To declare a minor, students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 and submit a Declaration of Minor form to the social justice minor program or the director of the baccalaureate social work program, their faculty advisors, and the dean’s office of their home colleges. A limit of 3 transfer credits may be applied with permission.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the importance of Ethical and Professional Behavior in Social Work Practice
2. Demonstrate knowledge regarding engagement in Diversity and Difference in Practice within the social work profession
3. Demonstrate an in-depth understanding about Advancing Human Rights, and Social, Economic, and Environmental Justice
4. Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of Engaging in Practice Informed-Research and Research-Informed Practice
5. Demonstrate an understanding of the important of Engaging in Policy Practice in social work
Required core courses (3 or 6 credits; 3 credits each)