Student Learning Outcomes
1. Describe and analyze policy and regulatory issues related to eGovernment ICT service delivery in government agencies
2. Identify and explain planning, investment, development, and oversight processes for government ICT services
3. Identify and match government mission requirements with viable ICT architectures and service solutions
4. Describe how the public sector utilizes IT to accomplish government functions
5. Explain leadership theories and apply them to their own experiences
6. Develop and assess managerial skills and competencies
The E-Government Management and Leadership Certificate of Advanced Study is a 12-credit graduate-level certificate designed for students currently pursuing another graduate degree or as post-baccalaureate work. The CAS is organized by two broad thematic areas:
1. leadership and management of information and communication technology applications found in public organization E-government systems, and
2. technical design aspects of E-government in public organizations. There are two required courses for this degree:
IST 711 - e-Government 3 credit(s)
PAI 895 - Mid-career Training Group 1-3 credit(s)
This certificate requires 12 graduate credits. All courses are 3 graduate credits unless specified otherwise.
Required Courses (6 credits)
Elective Courses (6 credits)
Students should consult with their respective Faculty Advisors to select two additional courses offered in either the iSchool or Maxwell School based on their prior education and experience as well as professional needs.
A formal Petition is required for students who want to count a course towards the CAS that is not listed in the curriculum. Please email iAdvising@syr.edu to learn more about the Petition process.