Mar 04, 2024
402 MacNaughton Hall, 315-443-2630
The 18 credit minor in Sport Event Management minor is designed for students who are interested in pursuing a path in the sport venue and event management field along with their chosen major. Students selecting this minor, within the Department of Sport Management, should have an interest in learning about the conceptualization, planning, implementation, evaluation, and business aspects of the sport event management field.
Applicants are required to have a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative GPA and will be admitted on a space available basis. To be eligible, a student must have completed 30 credits at Syracuse University in courses graded A-F and must submit a minor application to the Department of Sport Management (402 MacNaughton Hall) by November 1st for spring admission or April 1st for fall admission. Students must declare the sport venue and event management minor no later than the first semester of their junior year.
Student Learning Outcomes
Students will gain a solid theoretical background and application for the conceptualization, planning, implementation, evaluation, and business aspects of the sport event management field. Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
1. Explain, discuss, and analyze core principles of and concepts of event management
2. Apply the principles of event management to planning an actual event
3. Communicate event management concepts in writing and orally, clearly and concisely
4. Describe and critique the operational functions of sport events and associated events
5. Use technology appropriate for the sport event industry
Total Credits Required: 18
The Sport Event Management minor is open to all students based on the admission requirements stated above.