Students pursuing majors in other areas of study may choose a social welfare minor. The minor program requires the completion of 18 credits. To declare a minor, students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 and submit a Declaration of Minor form to the social welfare minor program or the director of the baccalaureate social work program, their faculty advisors, and the dean’s office of their home colleges. A limit of 3 transfer credits may be applied with permission.
Student Learning Outcomes
1. Learn about Cultural Diversity, and the social work profession
2. Learn about Social Policy
3. Learn about Social Justice
4. Learn about Social Welfare History
5. Learn about Cultural Diversity, and the social work profession
Required core courses (3 or 6 credits; 3 credits each)