Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
1. Locate, interpret, evaluate and use professional literature and information technologies, understand research designs, and statistical analysis methods, and integrate research principles into evidence-based practice.
2. Demonstrate effective, assertive and professional oral, written and advocacy/negotiation communication and documentation skills and use of current information technologies when communicating with individuals, groups and the public.
3. Apply knowledge of the role of culture, environment, food and lifestyle choices to develop interventions to affect change and enhance wellness in diverse individuals and groups
4. Diagram and describe the role of macronutrient metabolism in the maintenance of health and prevention of disease
5. Recall and diagram the role of vitamins and minerals in the maintenance of macronutrient metabolism for health and disease prevention.